- Cardboard Backtacking Strips (12mm wide)From: $0.55 To: $44.00$0.55
- Straight Metal Backtacking Strips "CrossTrim/TrimFix"From: $2.75 To: $200.00$2.75
- Blind-Seam "H" Profile (Double Piping & Backtacking)From: $2.75 To: $165.00$2.75
- PlyGrip - Shark Trim (3 end prongs) *for fabrics*From: $19.95 To: $297.00$19.95
- CoverFix - Shark Trim (2 centre prongs) *for fabrics*From: $29.90 To: $242.00$29.90
- CurlGrip - Shark Trim (4 end prongs) *for leather*From: $38.50 To: $308.00$38.50
In upholstery and furniture applications, backtacking products are used along borders of furniture to create neat edges when reupholstering. Cardboard backtacking is often favoured for its affordability and the fact that it is the perfect combination of flexibility with a high quality rigid board. For more durable backtacking, particularly for use with hardwood timber, you can use high quality metal backtacking which is also known as CrossTrim, TrimFix and Metal Tack Strip. It is made from steel and has reinforced teeth for a lasting neat hold. These products provide a neat, straight edge to your upholstery projects. However for curved edges we offer a range of shark trim options (including curl grip, coverfix and plygrip) which are made from flexible metal material and ensure your edges are finished with no visible means of fixing. The range of sharktrim varieties have different prong designs and are recommended for either fabric or leather textiles. When deciding on a backtacking product, always consider the edge (is it straight or curved), the textile type, how hard the timber frame is and how you wish to install the backtacking (stapling, tacking or riveting). Whatever the application, you can be sure that Home Upholsterer has a full range of high quality backtacking products. We sell most products in retail as well as bulk quantities, available for small DIY projects or big commercial jobs. You can order these products easily online, with fast and affordable shipping Australia wide. Or visit us in store, at our fully stocked warehouse and showroom in Chester Hill NSW.